OK! Here’s the dealio- i have been broke. when it comes to food it MUST be affordable! So, i’ve been finding meals that are super cheap & pretty quick to make too.
Alex & Ashton both got me recipe books for Christmas! What a lucky lady I am! One book in particular has been a big help, “The $7 a Meal Healthy Cookbook”
We first found a recipe that primarily contained ingredients we already had in our fridge & went from there….
ladies & gent i present to you: Herb-Crusted Bone-In Pork Chops
The only regret with this recipe is not using Fresh Herbs. THAT WAS A STUPID MOVE! Really, nothing beats fresh, but with this recipe I highly recommend you get you soooome! Plus, whatever is left over you can use for other recipies!
It’s about 8 ww+ points. You need….
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 2 tbs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 lb. bone-in pork chops (we used boneless b/c it was Manager’s Special discount)
- Sea Salt & Blk pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. apple juice
- In small mixing bowl, combine herbs & mix together. Lightly coat chops using 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season chops w/ salt & pepper, then coat w/ herb mixture.
- In large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add chops & brown on both sides, turning once.
- Transfer the chops to a plate & set aside. Add the onions & cook over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes
- Return chops to skillet & add apple juice. Reduce heat to low & cover with lid. cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Sound pretty easy huh? well it is! Buy extra pork chops cause you’ll need it for the next recipe I show you!